Retail Operations & Store Planning
The ultra-efficient head office function that looks after the running of our retail stores. From training and development to individual and team incentives they keep our stores motivated, informed and on top of their selling game. The franchise function of our business sits with our retail operations team.
With rafts of new stores, re-fits and re-models this team have their work cut out for them with our ever-expanding business. From Hong Kong to Hawaii, this team deal with architects, local government, contractors, builders and everything else needed to get a store from bricks and mortar to one of our unmistakeable AP boutiques and concessions.
Example Job 1
To add a new job, simply make a new job title and description underneath this entry. The job title *must* be in bold. Everything after the bold title (until the next bold job title, if there is one) will be considered part of the job description.
You can add formatting to the description as you wish - italics, lists, etc. - with the important exception of not using bold; if you use bold in the body of the description, the program will think this is the start of new job and will split your job description up.
Due to the limitations of the WYSIWYG Editor, it is strongly recommended that you write the job description in a word processor like Word first, and then paste it in after this entry. If you are using this WYSIWYG editor, it is recommended that you write the job entry completely in plain text first, and then add in any formatting after. E.g. type the job title in plain text, type the description adding any line breaks you wish, type up the lists using line breaks, and then add formatting (bolding the title, converting into a list, etc.) by highlighting the relevant text and picking the appropriate style from the top.
To remove a job, delete the job description and bolded job title. Please leave this example entry intact. If no jobs are detected, the page will automatically display the standard 'No Positions Available' text.
Please do not delete this entry. Add your first job title in bold below.
Director of Retail Stores - China
Agent Provocateur are now hiring for a Director of Retail Stores to proactively manage the performance of stores in China by leading, motivating and developing the teams, setting high standards of store presentation and service levels.
Business and KPI Focus
- Drive area performance to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Drive stores to achieve or exceed company requirement of 30% client sales
- Monitor monthly KPI reports and action plan to meet and improve on KPI targets as region
- Assist Managers to focus consistently on new client acquisition strategy
- Successfully open new stores in area to company standards and target
- Communicate regularly with key Head Office departments to reach KPI targets e.g. Merchandising, Retail Marketing, HR etc. and to improve efficiencies/ relationships between HQ and region
- Plan key trading periods such as Sale, Valentines and Christmas so all sales potential is maximized
- Ensure all Store Managers are taking constant action to improve and enhance service levels and actively promoting client sales and new client acquisition in stores
- Instill a culture of exceptional customer service within teams through management of Store Managers
Human Resources, Training and Development
- Use strong presence and leadership skills to coach the Managers and sales team to maximize sales and service opportunities by spending approximately 60% of time visiting stores and developing Managers
- Performance manage all Managers and staff using monthly performance reviews and yearly appraisals. Liaise with HR to action all areas of underperformance and recognize good performance
- Take action to ensure future business needs are met through effective interview skills and succession planning. Train, recruit and induct new key store personnel as necessary
- Be aware of current markets, competitors and trends and use information to drive area performance
- Assist Managers in development of marketing relationships with local clients and businesses to bring regular/repeat business and organized events to the stores.
- Develop local marketing plans in liaison with Retail Marketing and promote brand/stores locally through targeted activity, events and group appointments
- Monitor payroll costs and manage staffing within given budgets.
- Monitor and oversee all stock takes and manage stock loss to company expectation.
- Ensure maximum shop floor coverage in all stores at key times using conversion analysis and adhere to company policy regarding days off/holidays
- Complete all HR and payroll administration accurately and on time
- Other operational duties where necessary
- 4+ years’ experience of store management and 2+ years’ experience of multi-store management nt
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to give and take instruction & direction
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work to sales targets
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Ability to manage the performance of Managers and employees and to manage up